Applying to SRS
Choosing a school for your child is a big decision, and we are honored that you are considering Shaker Road School.
The admissions process begins with a campus tour. We offer campus tours Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM – 2:00 PM with a duration of approximately 45 minutes. The tour provides you with an opportunity to learn more about the SRS community, spend time in our classrooms and get any questions you may have answered. To schedule your tour, please complete our online inquiry form or call our admissions office at (603) 224-0161.
Infant, Toddler, Pre-Kindergarten, and Kindergarten
Enrollment in our Infant, Toddler, Pre-Kindergarten, and Kindergarten program is based on availability. After completing a campus visit, families will be placed on the waitlist. As enrollment in these programs change, we will call prospective families to offer them space in our classrooms.
Classroom breakdowns are as follows:
- Infant: 12 weeks through 17 months
- Toddler: 18 months to approximately 3 years
- Pre-Kindergarten: approximately 3 years AND toilet trained
- Kindergarten: will be 5 years of age on or before September 30
The Infant and Toddler programs welcome children throughout the year. Pre-Kindergarten students typically join in June (for our summer program), September, or January. Kindergarten students begin at the start of the school year. On occasion, these entry dates may change based on a student’s need and the school’s availability.
After completing a campus tour, we request that all students spend a day visiting SRS. This gives students the opportunity to experience the school for a full day. Students are matched with a “buddy” in their current grade and asked to participate in the day’s activities. This visit is completed in lieu of a formal interview.
Admissions applications can be found below and should be completed and returned on or before February 1.
- Application Timeline and Checklist
- Application for Admission – Includes general application, as well as Parent/Guardian Statement, Writing Sample form (grades 1-2), Writing Sample/Short Answer Questions form (grades 3-9), and Essay form (grades 6-9).
- Character Recommendation
- Teacher Recommendation – Includes general teacher recommendation, as well as Math Recommendation and Language Arts Recommendation (for grades 6-9).
Admissions decisions are mailed to the student’s home address in early March. If the student has been awarded any financial assistance, that award will be outlined in the decision letter.
On occasion, SRS will welcome students mid-year depending on space and “fit.” We welcome families to inquire about this option.